Saturday 3 April 2021

Christ's cloak

 

A Christ's cloak plant taken on 1 April 2021

Life is so funny.  When you focus only on one thing, that thing will not turn out well at times.  But when you don't focus on that thing, it turned out that that thing will turn out well at times mostly.  Just like Mirabilis jalapa or Marvel of Peru.  When I started to plant it in the beginning, I keep waiting for flowers, wondering what kind of flowers or plant it would be like.  Since I only know that it is white, from my second uncle.  

Soon I was tired of waiting and watching it day after day.  I just leave it alone, just do my job of watering it everyday.  And one day I found buds!  I was so happy.  So for Christ's cloak, I did not expect anything.  I scatter the seeds and I even forgot that I had scattered any seeds.  I did not even count the days where it started to grow.  

I have two pots of Christ's cloak.  One is as shown above, just a plant, from a seed.  Another pot, several plants, from various seeds.  Some other name of Christ's cloak are Globe amaranth, Bachelor's button, Makhmali and Vadamlli.  Its scientific name is Gomphrena globosa.

Photograph showing some Christ's cloak growing from a pot

The above photograph shows another pot of Christ's cloak.  This is a much smaller pot with more plants growing in it.  The plants in this pot looked overcrowding at first and it was not that nice.  However one day, I saw buds growing and the plants suddenly look so nice to me.  That was so unexpected.  

Photograph of Christ's cloak taken on 1 March 2021

This is just so amazing.  From one seed, you can get such a bushy Christ's cloak and from many seeds, you can get a small pot of many plants, but able to flowers too with small plants.  My father loved this plant too.  


Buy Me Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment