Saturday 13 March 2021

Birds

Remember I told you that I like to catch birds when I was young? Running after them, chasing them. (I love to scare the cats too. This is because they make too much noise at night, scaring me...)  In Singapore, these are the fun things that we could do when I was young...

Growing up, I stopped catching or running after birds.  I hardly even looked at birds.  Soon, it was almost forgotten that I had encounter birds during my working years.  After my graduation, worked and then got married and so on.  I did not encounter any birds at all.  I only had dogs later on.  

8 March 2008 changed my life.  As you can see from the video above,  11 April 2008 I had a special encounter.  I caught hold of a baby bird!  How fun was that!  And after that, that was not the first time I caught a bird.  Over the years, I had encountered more birds.  I saw them on the pathway, I saw them in my corridor garden, at my house and while walking along roadsides.  

5 June 2012, this turtle dove came to my house.  

Something so special and it just made my day.  This is because in Singapore there was hardly any nice view.  We are surrounded by HDB flats.  And that's why this picture's background is the HDB flat, and also my other pictures have background of HDB flats as well.  

On the same day of 5 June 2012, when I went out of the house with Isaac and Richard later on, I had another encounter of another bird.  I was really filled with ecstasy.  It just let me catch hold of it and it never fly off.  

5 June 2012 caught the bird along the roadside.

Just last year, there were sunbirds that came to my garden to build nest.  And I was able to see the young baby birds!!!!

8 February 2020 bird nest done by sunbirds at my garden.

This was the first time I see real bird nest.  In school, I read about bird nest and what the book had drawn the bird nest to be like.  But I never had a chance to see real bird nest in Singapore.  I only see pigeons having their 'nest' under/ in the crevices of MRT tracks/pillars.  So This really made me so proud of my garden.  

No comments:

Post a Comment