Monday 15 March 2021

People

Photograph of me taken on 1.5.2009 (at Church of St Anthony of Padua), the 9th month I was pregnant...

It is said that the natural resources of Singapore is nothing but People, a human being.

What is a human being?  We asked about how the chicken comes about?  Is it from egg first or from chicken first?  We have many questions about life as well.  However we could not answer them.  Did you really think about our meaning of life at all?  What is the purpose of living in this world even?

I questioned it.  It was my paternal grandmother's death that I had experienced a life lost.  So that was the ultimate destiny of a personSingapore, our common destiny, our shared destiny, death.  

But how does people come about?  Though I studied and read on books about the process of pregnancy, I was blinded to think that I can abort the 'heart' (the six weeks old foetus).  That was a precious human being, from the day it was conceived!  How precious it was for people who do not even have a chance to have a baby.  Some people tried so hard for babies and yet they had none.  Yet, I was blinded.  It never dawn on me that I was actually killing a precious life like that!


 
The human life starts from the fertilization of the egg with the sperm.  It slowly develops into more cell division and ultimately the heart is formed and subsequently everything develops slowly in the mother's womb.  The 'making of a human being' takes nine precious months.  So the human lives should be treasured.  
 
Photograph of Isaac and me taken on 1.8.2009

I bared the hardship of pregnancy and successfully gave birth to Isaac.  That is how a life comes about from a tiny egg that met the sperm grow in the womb, and eventually into a full term baby.  Another hardship was the labour pain and eventually all the pushing hard to have the baby come to the world.  So that was the 'making of a people'.

I too was born from my mother's womb.  I grew up, brought up in my mother's house and my parents' are also brought up locally, all within Singapore.  Singapore is a small country and do you really know what is the right way to live our life?  

John 14:6 --  Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

No comments:

Post a Comment