Friday 16 April 2021

Vaccination

 


Photograph showing what I got from vaccination centre yesterday

My left arm hurts today.  Last night, it hurts as I was sleeping.  Yesterday I had my Moderna covid-19 vaccination at Woodlands Community Club.  I had booked for 4pm appointment.  I arrived there at 3.54pm and there was no queue.  Just one person in front of me.  

They checked my message and IC then I was allowed to go into the vaccination centre.  Upon entry, they passed me a bottle of water and a green booklet as shown in the picture above.  There were four stations: registration, vaccination, observation and discharge stations.  At registration they will ask me about my medical stuff and after that, I went straight for vaccination.  

It was a long time since my last vaccination or injection.  It's more than 30 years since I had any injection!  Before injection, they showed me how to manage the side effects first (as shown in the green booklet).  I was scared, and did not look at the injection.  At the point of injection, I felt pain, stinking pain and after a while it was done, in seconds.  

After that I was told to sit at the observation station for 30minutes.  If I needed help, I just had to raise my hands.  I was allowed to go toilet too.  So I sat there for 30minutes.  When the time was up, I was called to the discharge stations.  I passed them the sticker and they gave me a piece of paper for next appointment next month.  Then they passed me a bag containing mask and hand sanitizer. 

It was raining when I went vaccination.  After the vaccination, it was still raining.  Back at home, I opened up the box of mask and I like the mask.  They were very soft and comfortable to put on.  My mother had her vaccination at Hong Kah North Community Club, and they did not have any gifts.  


Buy Me Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment