Sunday 1 May 2022

Bye Bye Birdie

 

Final view of birdie in the nest on 30 April 2022, 9.43am

The previous day, I thought that the birdie had flew off already as I saw an empty nest.  Then at night when I was about to water the plants, I saw the birdie on the floor!  I quickly picked up the poor thing. I hold it in my hands and took video of it -- to remember it.  Next, I put it back in the nest.  The nest was very out of shape and not in very good condition, that's why it had fallen down.  (Just like last year, the egg had dropped out from the nest.)

Yesterday the parents were chirping and flying about at my corridor, trying to tell me something.  At first it was both parents chirping and flying outside the corridor.  But when I was about to take video of it, one of the bird flew off.  So only 1 sunbird left in the corridor which I had recorded the loud chirp.  I did not understand what they wanted.  They were chirping loudly at the papaya plant, and then flew towards me, chirping loudly.  I did not know what they want.  Before that, birdie dropped on the ground again.  I picked it up and put back at the out of shape, spoilt nest.  I used my hand to pull the nest a bit, mending the nest for the birds.  Then I went back in to the house.  

The yellow sunbird perching at the papaya tree on 30 April 2022, 16.42pm

Today I walked in the garden, the birdie was gone.  Later in the late morning like 11am, a surprise door bell rang.  I opened the door and it was Richard!  He gave us a surprise visit!  


No comments:

Post a Comment