Monday 15 March 2021

49 Days After Death

 

                                                                         My Father

Last Saturday my mother celebrated 49 days after death for my father.  It was supposed to be on Sunday, but the priests would not be free on Sunday to pray for him.  

Early in the morning my mother cooked his favourite food and dessert.  My brother went to buy his favourite food too.  On the table was placed all his favourite food.  

My mother said that for daughters we would mourn until today.  But for sons, they will mourn for 100days.  During the days of mourning, we cannot go other people's houses, cannot attend other funerals and weddings.  We were not supposed to wear red or bright colours.  

 

       My Father when he was young

 So you can see that people grow old.  We are not forever young.  That is the life cycle of human being.  After death, we are resurrected -- the belief of Catholic.  Because of this belief, it gives us hope.  It gives us reassurance that our father is still alive and we that we will meet some day to come. 

Luke 11:9, 10  -- So I tell you: Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.…

I prayed that my parents have everlasting life, and I am willing to sacrifice myself for them.  I do not know what is God's plan for me now.  Having experience death and resurrection, I place all my trust to the Lord and God Jesus Christ now. 

Buy Me Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment